Cross Country Summer Training 2019
Official summer practices will start Monday, June 3. Make sure you’re getting Remind notifications to stay updated.
When: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays @ 8am (Starting June 3rd)
Where: Meet in front of the Austin HS Track
Led By: Alexis Segura (former ARS star and current LaTourneau University champion!)
Reach Alexis at Asegura2016@gmail.com or contact one of the coaches if you have any questions.
And of course, these practices are completely FREE!
- June 3rd – Summer Practices Begin
- July 29th – Official Practices Begin
- August 17th – Team Bonding Day
- August 19th – First Day of School
- Join our Remind: @arsxc2019
- Download Strava App, Create an Account, and Join Our Club “Ann Richards”
- Follow www.arscrosscountry.com
- Turn in physical
- If you want to make varsity, set up a meeting with Coach Marino to discuss summer plan
Other Summer Training Groups:
- Coach Mark Pinales – 4 runs per week + 1 LR on Saturday ($100/mo.)
- Coach Katie Gwyn – 2 runs per week + 1 LR on Saturday (price TBD)
- Coach Gilbert – 4 runs per week + 1 LR on Saturday ($150 for the 8-week program)
Summer Miles Club
Just like last year, you may earn a super special, limited edition, free ARS running shirt just by running this summer! There are three different designs depending on how many miles you ran,
100+/150+/or 200+ miles from June 1-July 31. But you have to log it on Strava, or it didn’t happen!
Training plans are on our website here:
Videos of each XT routine can be found here: https://arscrosscountry.com/category/summer-training/training-videos/
Feel free to modify any plan to fit your schedule. Unsure? Ask one of the coaches, we’d love to help.
In addition, (if doing XT on your own sounds daunting), a free, daily (M-F) strength and conditioning camp will take place on ARS campus during the summer. The schedule will be posted on our website as soon as it’s finalized. Take advantage of this awesome opportunity!
Navigate the tabs to get some important info and tips! We love you! You are wonderful!